Welcome to the Official Web Site of the IAPCD
The International Association for Pain and Chemical Dependency is an international organization dedicated to promoting appropriate and effective treatment for all patients with pain, including individuals with substance abuse, mental health or other co-occurring problems that may make treatment more challenging. The association encourages cooperation among professionals in the fields of health care, policy and regulation, law enforcement, law, politics and the media to improve communication and education for the appropriate use of controlled substances in pain treatment.
To learn more about the IAPCD, please click here.
What’s New at IAPCD
- Chairman’s Message: It is with great pleasure that I am announcing a new and innovative approach to membership and…
- Advances in Pain and Addiction Webinar Series: Watch a moderated discussion with thought leaders presenting a set of three webinars on key issues in chronic pain management and addiction medicine.
- IOM Relieving Pain in America: A Blueprint for Transforming Prevention, Care, Education, and Research: Read this blueprint for action focused on providing relief for people with pain in America.
- The IAPCD News Feed: Updated daily, the IAPCD News Feed is your most convenient single source for finding out about what’s happening internationally in pain and chemical dependency, as news today that will impact your clinical practice tomorrow.
- The IAPCD Member Forum: Who understands your problems and clinical challenges better than your colleagues who also treat patients with pain and/or chemical dependency? To facilitate a collegial sharing of ideas, information, resources and answers to questions, problems and challenges, the IAPCD has developed a Member Forum.
- P&A 101 Q&A: Listen to some challenging and often controversial questions on multimodal management of pain and addiction from Emerging Solutions in Pain, moderated by Dr. Howard Heit and Dr. Douglas Gourlay entitled Potent Pearls.
In the News
- Effectiveness and gastrointestinal tolerability during conversion and titration with once-daily OROS® hydromorphone extended release in opioid-tolerant patients with chronic low back pain - 2013-05-23
- When Opioids Fail in Chronic Pain Management: The Role for Buprenorphine and Hospitalization - 2013-05-23
- Preoperative medication with oral morphine sulphate and postoperative pain - 2013-05-22
- Risk Stratification of Opioid Misuse among Patients with Cancer Pain Using the SOAPP-SF - 2013-05-22
- The effect of spinal cord stimulation frequency in experimental painful diabetic polyneuropathy - 2013-05-21