This area of the IAPCD website features timely education, resources and information in pain management and addiction medicine. Check back often to view new resources, programs or forum postings!
The IAPCD is currently pleased to offer the following features:
- Advances in Pain and Addiction: Each webinar segment will focus on recent evidence and advances impacting clinical practice in chronic pain and dependency. Topics include Risk Management; Neurobiology & Genetics; and Clinical Challenges.
- P&A 101 Q&A: Listen to some challenging and often controversial questions on multimodal management of pain and addiction from Emerging Solutions in Pain, moderated by Dr. Howard Heit and Dr. Douglas Gourlay entitled Potent Pearls.
- The IAPCD Member Forum: Who understands your problems and clinical challenges better than your colleagues who also treat patients with pain and/or chemical dependency? To facilitate a collegial sharing of ideas, information, resources and answers to questions, problems and challenges, the IAPCD has developed a Member Forum.
In the News
- Improvement of burn pain management through routine pain monitoring and pain management protocol - 2013-05-24
- Brief Pain Inventory score identifying and discriminating neuropathic and nociceptive pain - 2013-05-24
- Effectiveness and gastrointestinal tolerability during conversion and titration with once-daily OROS® hydromorphone extended release in opioid-tolerant patients with chronic low back pain - 2013-05-23
- When Opioids Fail in Chronic Pain Management: The Role for Buprenorphine and Hospitalization - 2013-05-23
- Preoperative medication with oral morphine sulphate and postoperative pain - 2013-05-22