This area of the IAPCD website features timely education, resources and information in pain management and addiction medicine. Check back often to view new resources, programs or forum postings!
The IAPCD is currently pleased to offer the following features:
- Advances in Pain and Addiction: Each webinar segment will focus on recent evidence and advances impacting clinical practice in chronic pain and dependency. Topics include Risk Management; Neurobiology & Genetics; and Clinical Challenges.
- P&A 101 Q&A: Listen to some challenging and often controversial questions on multimodal management of pain and addiction from Emerging Solutions in Pain, moderated by Dr. Howard Heit and Dr. Douglas Gourlay entitled Potent Pearls.
- The IAPCD Member Forum: Who understands your problems and clinical challenges better than your colleagues who also treat patients with pain and/or chemical dependency? To facilitate a collegial sharing of ideas, information, resources and answers to questions, problems and challenges, the IAPCD has developed a Member Forum.
In the News
- Motives for Medical Misuse of Prescription Opioids Among Adolescents - 2013-12-06
- Lack of association between DRD2 and OPRM1 genotypes and adiposity - 2013-12-06
- A Preliminary Study to Determine if a Muscle Pain Protocol Can Produce Long-Term Relief in Chronic Back Pain Patients - 2013-12-05
- Risk of QTc Prolongation in a Cohort of Opioid-Dependent HIV-Infected Patients on Methadone Maintenance Therapy - 2013-12-05
- A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind Comparison of Analgesic Efficacy and Tolerability of Q8003 vs Oxycodone or Morphine for Moderate-to-Severe Postoperative Pain Following Bunionectomy Surgery - 2013-12-04